Monday, September 14, 2009

Quotidian Workout Sept 14, 2009

September 14, 2009

Run 7 miles or 1 hour (whichever first)
Row 1000M
10 minutes miscellaneous aerobic

6 mi : 47:20
1000M: 3:51.3
10 minutes eliptical

Some malfunctions on the Woodway got in the way today. I had the stumbles (3 time! wtf?). When you've been working out for sometime, plan your workouts a couple of days ahead, or at least have a theme in mind (aerobic, heavy lifting, circuit, grab bag). If you know what's coming and you're feeling anxious or aren't looking forward to it; that tells you something. Basically, "if it's hard and you don't like doing it; clearly, you should be a doing a lot more of it." So for me, 40 mins+ of running is a source of apprehension and anything to do with deltoids and pull-ups. Deadlifts and bench presses, I'll do them till I can't move my arms. Your instinctive emotional response to information is a great indicator.

No comments: